Tuesday, January 21, 2003

The wonderful world of...
I haven´t talked about vet med in my blog for a while now. I guess the paper is not so much fun to talk about... I have not done any veterinary work to speak of since I was at Höfn in november. Only this one time, a couple of weeks ago, when my sister in-law asked me to check on one of their horses that had conjuctivitis. This condition is very frustrating to treat, there are no infectious diseases in Icelandic horses, and this type of infection seems to ocur from dust from the hay getting into the horse´s eye. This can lead to chronic eye infection and for some reason is very difficult to treat successfully. I prescribed some antibiotic ointment to be put in the eye once a day for a week. I haven´t really heard back from her about the progress. Hope it went well...

No comments: