Wednesday, January 29, 2003

Football

My son started football practice today (that´s soccer to you americans). He´s rehersing with the local football club "Viking" (what else?).

Today was busy, there was no school, they had some kind of organizing to do. So there was a lot of him going outside to play and coming in every five minutes to ask when football practice starts (it started at a quarter to ten in the morning, practice started at 4pm...). Then we went shopping, by foot since we only have one car and Gísli drives it to work. Then out again to see him to practice and pick him up again an hour later.

He seemed very happy, I´m glad that he shows an interest in sports, my husband and I never did... However, we do now follow the world championship in handball, as us Icelanders have a world class team this year.

Am also busy making the birthday present for my friend Stína... no I will not tell you what it is!

No comments: