Thursday, April 10, 2003

A job!
It looks like I have finally landed a job at a small animal clinic here in Reykjavík. I couldn´t believe it at first, so I didn´t talk about it too much, I was afraid to jinx it if I did. I am supposed to start working on a trial basis in early may, after I turn in my thesis. To my surprise the practice owner called me yesterday to ask if they could put an ad in the TV guide´s easter edition with my picture and a "welcome to our new vet" message. I said yes, of course, and then proceded to frantically search my photo albums for a half decent picture of myself for the ad. No such luck. It seems I am the only one in the family who takes any pictures, so naturally I do not appear in many of them. I had a few passport pictures taken (at a photographer´s, not a booth, they´re usually not so good) and turned them in. I was told I would be printed in 70.000 copies, yaikes! We have a saying here in Iceland, when someone has their 15 minutes of fame, that they´re "world famous in Iceland". I am still sceptical though, the TV guide hasn´t arrived yet, the whole thing may burn in a freak fire at the warehouse, or something...

No comments: