Thursday, April 17, 2003

The countryside
This afternoon we are leaving on a short, 2 day, trip to the countryside, where mum & her siblings have an old farm. My grandparents lived there in the 50´s and 60´s, and when my grandmother died it was handed down to her 11 children, who now own it together. Some have built summer houses on the grounds, one of my mum´s brothers restored the old house and lives there full time (he is not a farmer though, he has a job in a neighbouring town). These 11 siblings now have 36 children among them (ages 6-40something), the grandchildren are too many for me to keep track... We all enjoy coming there during the summer, and there is always room for anyone who wants to stay in one of the summer-houses. My mum has decided where she wants to put her summer house, but has only gotten as far as putting up a fence... My guess is that it will be me and my husband who will put up a house there for us and my sister (and her future family). We will be staying there until saturday, will return in time to invite mother in-law for a traditional easter sunday roast leg of lamb.

No comments: