Friday, February 07, 2003

Let it snow

It´s snowing outside, beatiful, large, flaky chrystals of snow. And I feel drunk from the new caugh syrup the doctor gave me... In future I will not take it in the morning... I don´t feel so good today, after four weeks of caughing night and day, and this week I have a cold too. I have been feeling very warm for the last couple of days, but refuse to admit sickness, as I have a big party at Stína´s tonight (that is if she hasn´t postponed it again, I haven´t checked my e-mail today ;-) The present has been ready for a week, and I can´t wait to see if she likes it. Now I have to figure out what to give Herdís for her birthday that´s coming up on feb. 20th, if my memory serves me right? However, she is not turning 30 like the rest of us, no, she is so young, the hurricane.

My husband told me last night that he was disapointed that he can´t tell people "my wife is dirty and I´m dirty-two", since he´ll be thirty three before I turn thirty, ah well, it still is a good joke!

My friend, who will remain anonymous, told me the other day that her husband gave her a hands-free set for her mobile phone for her 30th birthday last year. I was shocked to hear this! I hate it when people expect you to read their minds (women do this a lot), so I decided to tell my husband right away that I was not getting any mobile phone accessories for my big 3 O! I´m not usually very sensitive about presents, I often choose them myself, and they tend to be sensible presents. Like last year I bought the present myself (they were new hiking boots, with shoes you have to try them on yourself anyway), and even haggled the price down 30%! This year, I told Gísli, I want something impractical and romantic, like jewels, and you have to buy them yourself. And there you have it, we will not be having an argument or anyone being hurt, because they wanted something and didn´t tell the other one, because "if you love me, you´ll know what I want" That´s crap. Noone I know can actually read minds. The people that tell you they can are fakes for sure!


No comments: