Saturday, May 02, 2009

Animals online

I came across this author today as I was surfing on the web. I read one of his short stories about a cat that he rescued. It was heartwarming and inspirational.

This is a long weekend here in Iceland, since yesterday was a public holiday. The first of may is celebrated in many countries as the holiday of the working forces. The weather was really bad yesterday, and I decided to stay inside with all the dogs instead of going out. I have four dogs in the house today, my two girls, dads yellow lab, and Kátur (Happy) the stray I rescued a couple of years ago from the dog pound and found a nice home for him with a sweet young couple. I´m babysitting for them while they are on holiday in their native Polland.

I should stop surfing now and do my homework, so I can finally graduate from the behaviour course I have been following at the University of Southampton for four years now. It´s about time I finish.

No comments: