Tuesday, March 04, 2003

I´m so tired

Fortunately I´m only working this god awful job two days a week for a month. Today was the second day this week and I´m home, I desperately need a shower, but I´m too tired at the moment to move from this chair. I wish I had a bath so I could soak for an hour in lovely warm water & bubbles. The next place I live needs to have a bathtub!

I have to drag myself to the citchen to make today´s traditional pea soup w. salted lamb meat. Read about this tradition here. Everything in Iceland seems to revolve around food these days, gluttony is all consuming, mmm. Yesterday was "buns day" and we all had some delicious puffy buns filled with fruit jam and whipped cream, topped with chokolate.

The weather has been unusually mild this winter, and it´s looking more and more like springtime. Any other year the ground would be covered in snow and we would all be freezing our butts off. However, It´s not over yet, we often have a bout of bad weather around easter. It´s getting lighter, and lighter in the morning. The sun comes up around 8 now and sets around 6pm, soon the days will get longer and we will have to put up the thick curtains in our bedrooms to be able to sleep. Gísli and I stood for a while in the garden last night watching a fantastic display of northern lights filling the sky right above our house, it looked so beautiful, it´s moments like these when you cherich living on the edge of the civilised world!

No comments: